Our History

The Busselton Volunteer Fire Brigade was formed on 5th July 1910 with the arrival of a package from the Fire brigades board containing stationery and registration forms. They received their first fire bell on 3rd November 1910.

Together with ropes and planks to construct a bell tower. The first fire shed was constructed on 1st December 1910 and the materials supplied by Bunnings STATION-OPEN-1936cost 17 pounds 13 shillings and 4 pence.

The first fire attended by the brigade was on the 13th January 1911 when they were called to a fire at the back of a dwelling at lot 210 Duchess Street. The fire was put out but not before an outhouse was destroyed.

The Brigade received its first manual horse drawn fire engine and equipment on 15th May 1911.

Busselton’s first motorised fire engine was commissioned in 1925 and was a Dennis fire engine.

The first fire station in Busselton was a shed built on the corner of Prince and Albert street opposite Callows and was designed for a horse drawn fire pump and reel.

The second fire station was built and opened on 1st June 1936 further along Queen street and now houses the Busselton jetty Markets.

The current fire station was opened on 24th March 1990 and the land vested in fire and rescue includes all the grassed area at the rear of the fire station which is for future expansion of the towns fire and rescue service. The design and size of the station was completed in consultation with local volunteers and thanks to it being an election year Busselton has a station envied by most fire & rescue brigades. It consists of an engine room capable of housing four appliances, a training room, office, communications room, store room, station keepers quarters with kitchen and toilets.




Street Address 
Lot 417 Albert Street 


Telephone: +61 8 9752 2713
Fax: +61 8 9752 1284

Please note: volunteer fire station, not manned 24 hours.